Have you been looking for a way to make owning a home more affordable? If you want to save money without sacrificing space, privacy and style, then choosing to live in a land lease community may be for you.
The concept of land leasing has been around for decades, but has grown in popularity in recent years. Let’s dive into what land lease is and how it could be the right fit for you.
What is a land lease community?
In simple terms: a land lease community means you own the house, not the land which it sits upon. It differs from traditional real estate in that most often you purchase the home and the land. Land lease is just a different approach to owning a home!
Ask yourself, do you really need to own the land? Choosing this type of home ownership ultimately means low maintenance, affordability and flexibility to become a homeowner.
The top three reasons why a land lease community could be a fit for you:
- You’re ready to save money. Land leasing simply saves you your hard-earned dollars. Life is too short to throw all your money into monthly payments, right? Land leasing gives you an opportunity to save money by only financing your house.
- You’re ready for less work. We mentioned that life is too short – that applies to spending hours on yard maintenance, too. The beautiful thing about land lease communities is that many are architecturally controlled and have a done-for-you maintenance routine. That means common areas are kept by staff and save you time.
- You want an easier path to home ownership. Buying a home can be stressful for anyone. Between coming up with a down payment, qualifying for a mortgage, and sifting through thousands of properties… it can become overwhelming very quickly. In our land lease community, we simplify the process for you! We’ll help you choose a floorplan that suits your needs as well as set you up with our preferred banker to help with your mortgage questions.
Ready for land lease life? Move to Meadows of Morinville.
At Meadows of Morinville, we’re all about making life less complicated. We offer a new standard of land-lease living in a community that balances urban convenience with a small-town community.
Experience our over-sized lots with architectural controls just minutes north of Edmonton.
About Our Land Lease Community
Featuring 154 large residential lots, this architecturally controlled community is conveniently located in the Town of Morinville, just 15 minutes north of Edmonton. The location is fantastic, bordering the amazing regional trail system, and offering shopping, schools, restaurants, and entertainment all within walking distance.
Our low monthly lease fees offer you a large home site that includes professional community management, maintenance of the common areas, and other amenities like a picnic area, an outdoor games area and convenient visitor parking.
Meadows of Morinville presents an easier opportunity for many first-time homebuyers who won’t need to come up with a large down payment that includes the cost of the land. Additionally, our community is the perfect option for snowbirds who like to spend their winters down south.
Let’s break down some of the most asked questions about our community:
- Is living in Meadows of Morinville more affordable? The short answer is yes. In many cases, our single-family detached homes with full-sized yards and landscaping are equal to, if not less, than a condo in the city. It may seem too good to be true, but we encourage you to inquire and see for yourself! You deserve the home you want without sacrificing the luxuries like space, privacy or options.
- What do property taxes look like in a land lease community? They’re lower than what they’d be on a traditional house because you’re only paying tax on the home. This is just another area you’ll save money by choosing a land lease community!
3. How can I ensure my investment is protected? Our community is architecturally controlled. That means there’s a specific set of standards in place to protect your home investment. They essentially protect the integrity and appearance of the properties within the community.
4. Are there hidden fees with land leasing? No. You won’t even have to worry about the possibility of a special assessment. Purchasing a manufactured home in our community comes with a guarantee of no special assessments. While we are a community, you won’t have to deal with hidden fees like a traditional condo/townhouse complex. All fees pertaining to residents in the community are clearly communicated prior to the sale of your home.
Bonus: lease rates are among the most affordable in the Edmonton area and are locked in until 2028!
Move into Meadows Today!
Curious to see what life is like in Meadows of Morinville? Pop by our community and take a tour. Our friendly housing consultants are happy to answer all of your questions about living in a land lease community!