Thinking about a change of pace? Consider Morinville! The Town has a population of about 10,000, a far cry from the 1 million + in the City of Edmonton. The town is large enough to provide residents with urban amenities, job opportunities and excellent schools, but we are far from the hustle of the big city.
Here are some of our favourite things about small town living:
- Charm. The big city may have lights, but we have oodles of charm. Come out to experience the atmosphere at our Light up the Night Festival and you’ll see what we mean.
- The pace is just a bit slower. It’s more relaxed here. Take a leisurely stroll down main street and the visit the unique boutiques. It’s okay to be unhurried.
- Smaller crowds, personalized service. When you go out on a Friday night, you won’t be waiting in line 45 minutes for a table. Enjoy excellent and personalized service from local restaurateurs and other business owners. The Librarians know you by name.
- Less traffic, less pollution. We still have cars and traffic in Morinville, of course, but traffic is so much lighter than the city that we only have one set of stoplights. Even better if you don’t like cars, because you can literally walk from one end of town to the next.
- Less violent crime. It’s safer to walk at night, for kids to play outside, and to leave your bike outside the coffee shop. You have a greater sense of security.
- Sense of community. We don’t know all 10,000 people that live and work in Morinville, but we know all of our neighbors and the family that owns the Shell station, and the owners of the local grocery stores. We take pride in this community and our work together keeping it a great place to live. We have active community groups like the local Rendez-Vous Centre for Seniors, the Morinville Marvelous Moms and the curling club, just to name a few.
If you would welcome a change of pace and to make your life simpler, give us a call at 780.572.0800. We can help you get settled.